Apr 18, 2006

Sh'ma!

We're so easy, but we're not, you and I. And really I need to learn.

I leave for Omaha (and shortly thereafter Cleveland) in 12 hours. I couldn't be happier. It'll be a five-day vacation where hopefully I'll get a job. I finally locked in a great place in D.C. It's a few minutes from Georgetown, blocks from a great strip of businesses, a few minutes from a Reform shul and a quick bus ride to the Post. Cost? $670, and that includes utilities. There's an additional 15 bucks a month for Internet; no worries. Now, I just need to lock in a job for the rest of my life.

Or until I decide I need to go back to school.

At the end of American Jewish Fiction tonight, everyone was handing in their papers, chatting after our incredibly off-topic discussion and I had this flash of "I love academia!" and it made me want desperately to not exit stage left so quickly. I really need to start looking into good grad schools with good Judaic Studies programs. Then I need to start looking into the GRE and all that graduate stuff. I don't know when it will come, but soon enough.

I have a long list of things to do before I leave tomorrow. And now? I'm sitting at the DN waiting for page proofs. This is going to be the longest night in recent time. Although I expect it to be quickly trumped by the all-nighter planned for next Monday. Amen, finals.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes Powered by Blogger | DSW printable coupons