Sep 23, 2008

Pardon me while I step away to lose my sanity.

Our Bible class professors finally gave us our review sheet for Thursday's test. Yes, that's this Thursday, as in two days from now, and yes, today is Tuesday, and yes I'm a little irked that they waited until the last minute to issue it to us. A few of the grad students are all fancy and free -- "It's review! It'll be easy!" -- while I, the ultimate worry wart, am poised for a long two days of preparing and typing up notes with which to study, as I did with all of my Judaic studies courses in my undergrad. I collect, I type, I study, I quiz myself. But this time, I only have, well, less than two days really, to prepare. Yes it's all Documentary Hypothesis and the importance of the Bible stories chucked in with the legends/myths of antiquity, but a girl will worry. Throw a Hebrew test onto that for Friday and the rest of my week is going to be quite dismal. Of course, I still don't have my plans mapped out for the weekend, either. Maybe I won't go to New York. Or Boston. I could take a friend up on her offer to go to a local fair, but it just isn't striking me as the thing to do this weekend. I want to be city-bound for drinks and perusing busy streets. But we don't always get what we want, do we?

So you'll find me the next two days, in Babbidge Library, hunched over a computer, a pile of books, pages of notes, and probably a coffee or two or three.

Maybe I'll hang up a do not disturb sign.

Until I return from my couple-day stressed out study frenzy, please gather solace and amusement with this fun video that Tamara shared via Twitter last night. It makes me smile with delight!


EepyBird's Sticky Note experiment from Eepybird on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Chavi! Sounds like you have a busy time ahead of you.

Love the Eepybird video!

Rachel

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! I am sure you won't need it though. You will be fine. I vote you go to Boston, but I am from there so I am a little biased. It is my favorite city though and at heart I have never been a city girl! I am a history dork, but if you get the chance ever go check out Old Ironsides aka the USS Constitution it's really neat. The museums there are fantastic along with aquarium. But if you ever decide to walk the Freedom Trail, which is also very cool, do NOT do it on a very hot day, ugh! You can walk to the top of the Boston Monument, but I would never do that again. I don't really do heights or tiny crowded places, never mind both in one. K, I am rambling!

Sarah Elayna said...

Good luck Chavi! You'll do wonderful, I'm sure you know more than you think!

Chaviva Gordon-Bennett said...

Thanks all. Not sure how I did. I'll let you know on Tuesday ... eek. As a graduate student, in an undergraduate class, the standard is so much higher. It makes me nervous, and this is the first time the professor has seen anything I've written ... so ... well, I have to prove myself in a way.

Ick. NERVES! But it's over with and there's naught I can do about it now.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes Powered by Blogger | DSW printable coupons