Sep 4, 2006

A large portion of the Torah discusses the suffering Jews will face if they do not properly serve G-d when they enter the land of Israel. And after all of the talk of destruction and illness, there comes the statement in this week's portion, Ki Tavo, that explains WHY these things will befall the people, "Because you did not serve G-d with joy and a happy heart , when you had everything" (Deuteronomy 28:47).

Maimonides wrote that we must serve G-d with joy. And of course, this makes me think about living with a joyous and happy heart. It makes me think that whatever befalls me, if I live with a happy heart, then nothing can seem unable to move beyond. It's my, well, philosophy in the past few years, and it's why I seem to be able to do things with a happy heart, even when everything seems horribly grim.

I just wish I could impress it upon others.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes Powered by Blogger | DSW printable coupons