Oct 3, 2007

The Year ends, The Year begins.

So I've changed my little book tally on the right sidebar there to now list Books Read in 5768, as it's a brand spanking new year and I just finished my first book of the year. I've been a little slow on the reading, despite having oodles of time on the commute. I haven't been quite as awake as I'd like lately, and the buses have grown crowded with teenagers heading to school. It just isn't as cozy as I'd like. On that note, I present to you the books (that I could remember) read in 5767:

  • The Chosen by Chaim Potok
  • The World to Come by Dara Horn
  • The Yiddish Policemen’s Union by Michael Chabon
  • My Holocaust by Tova Reich
  • Mara by Tova Reich
  • Women and Jewish Law by Rachel Biale
  • Turbulent Souls by Stephen Dubner
  • Rashi by Maurice Liber and Adele Szold
  • Neighbors by Jan Gross
  • Among the Righteous by Robert Satloff
  • Fabulous Small Jews by Joseph Epstein
  • Lipshitz 6 or Two Angry Blondes by T. Cooper
  • Mona in the Promised Land by Gish Jen
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • The Ladies Auxiliary by Tova Mirvis
  • The Messiah of Stockholm by Cynthia Ozick
  • Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer

Of those, I'd have to say "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close," "The Ladies Auxiliary," "The World to Come" and "The Chosen" were my top picks. "The Kite Runner" would be on that list had it not turned into a Schwarzenegger action film in the last portion of the story.

So feel free to pick up any of these books. They all rock, really. I wouldn't have read them if they didn't! Now on to more books for this year ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes Powered by Blogger | DSW printable coupons