Mar 7, 2008

She's going e-less.

Well folks, I'm doing it.

You will neither see nor hear hide nor hair of me during Shabbat. I'm shutting off the computer, the cell phone, the television, and everything else electronically connecting me to my e-life. I imagine it will be hard, but I think I can do it. I let my mother know and she responded "You're a crazy woman, but thanks for letting us know." She then insisted I keep the phone with me just in case I "fall down and can't get up."

Very cute, eh?

Anyhow, Shabbat Shalom -- may it be peaceful, restful, thoughtful and reflective. And please, pray for my non-connected sanity!

2 comments:

lxr23g56 said...

Nice! We made the switch last year and for the most part love it. We do occasionally do slip up and thats ok, because it's the exception and not the rule.

Anyhow, my unsalicited advice to you is, plan you're Shabbat's out in advance and it won't be hard to do at all.

Good luck with it.

Anonymous said...

I've been working on being "e-less" on Shabbat for the past few months...and like TG, sometimes I slip. But I find myself feeling more connected and renewed when I can stick with Shabbat observance. Good luck, Chavi! :)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes Powered by Blogger | DSW printable coupons