Jun 5, 2008

Web site Discovery

A friend, in an attempt to send me an MP3 link for a lecture on the "Conversion Crisis," thus helped me discover a new (to me) website out of Canada: Torah in Motion.

In the "Who We Are" section of the site, it says,

Torah in Motion is dedicated to exploring the intellectual richness and spiritual depths of Judaism and to applying that wisdom to our everyday challenges. We at Torah in Motion create a framework for dialogue among Jews of all ages and backgrounds. Together with some of our Jewish world’s best leadership, program participants examine today’s challenging issues.

We initiate a "conversation" – through either personal attendance or electronically – where we can enrich our lives with knowledge and understanding of Judaism’s role in contemporary society.

From what I can tell, it's an Orthodox-inspired site, but they offer MP3s, conferences, e-classes and other e-inspired tools. It's sort of a fancy adult education-style site.

Now, while trying to get some more info on the site, I came across a pretty accusatory site with some interesting things to say about the organization. I then also came across an article by the Rabbinical Council of America on the founder of Torah in Motion, Rabbi Jay Kelman. Then there's this blog that refers to it sort of as a Modern Orthodox organization.

Anyhow, it seems like there's probably some interesting content on the site, which I hope to perhaps explore and discover. Though, of course, like many of the sites I find, it could simply get lost in my browser history. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes Powered by Blogger | DSW printable coupons