Jul 3, 2008

I couldn't wait!

I came home from watching Chicago's big fireworks display from fairly far away at Montrose Harbor (the show is down in the Loop), and I was famished. There were fellows walking around selling things from carts, but since I neither read nor understand Spanish, I decided I'd better just wait till I got home. So what's the first thing I see upon entering the apartment? CHALLAH! Delicious, scrumptuos, locally made and Kosher challah. So I grabbed a mini roll and downed that puppy. And guess what? It's probably the best challah I've had since that Chabad Shabbat all those years ago when I was in college (that challah had to have had crack in it, it was seriously amazing ... we noshed bags and bags of challah rolls throughout the night). So I give you, delicious, nutritious, amazing local challah!

1 comments:

Cookie Monster said...

Hey, I recognize that bag! It's made out here in the 'burbs, not far from where I used to live. The Jewel in Buffalo Grove that we make our annual pre-Passover pilgrimage to carries their stuff.

Happy Independence Day! All this celebration makes me long for all the freedoms that our government has stolen from us in our own lifetimes.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes Powered by Blogger | DSW printable coupons