Jul 18, 2008

A thought ...

Does anyone have any tips/advice on how to get free advance (or even released) copies of books for review?

I got an email today from the Jewish Learning Group about that book I blogged about here, Going Kosher in 30 Days. Now, I'm all about buying books, but I like to check them out from the library first, or at least buy them off Amazon.com where books tend to be on the more inexpensive end of things. So unless I buy a really expensive Kindle device, I can't get the book for $9.99, nor can I check it out from the library (since it's not there). And with the state of our economy and me going back to graduate school (blah blah blah).

As an avid blogger/reader/Jewish enthusiast, I think I could really get out the word on books of the Judaica variety, don't you think? So let's see those free copies, folks!

(Okay, this was shameless, I know, but really, I tend to hoard books and I can't even count the amount of $$ I've spent on books in the past six years, but I'm sure it's well into the thousands!)

EDIT: I stand corrected. I just checked Amazon and they finally listed the book (it was not listed just a few days ago!) and there are two "used" copies for $16.00. Looks like I might be procuring ... 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shavi,

Try to write to the publisher that you want to do a review of their book on your blog and ask them for a copy to do the review. Send them some links of reviews you've already done so they have the proof that you are publishing this and maybe also a number of clicks on your blog.
After all a review is a valid marketing for the book and the publisher - at least this worked out pretty good for my articles on books in my school magazine ages ago (with German publishers).

Hope that this helps,

David

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes Powered by Blogger | DSW printable coupons