Oct 18, 2008

Israel, Prepare to Meet Chavi!

Just before Shabbos, just before turning off my Blackberry to the world and shortly after dealing with bus drama while trying to get to Hartford, I got an email from the Birthright organization I had reapplied to for a winter trip. While sitting on a gigantic stone slab at the bus stop, watching an already over-packed bus drive away, leaving about 20 of us stranded, I smiled.

I am going to Israel! 

(Insert hollers of excitement and elation here.)Yes, after all of the drama from earlier this year , I am set to depart from Newark for Israel on December 17. I'll be in Israel from December 18-28, with the option to extend my trip -- anyone want to keep me for an extra week?

I've never been more excited about anything in my life. I am, however, concerned that once I get there I'll never leave. Look out!

7 comments:

Leora said...

Enjoy! Makes me want to be a kid again. I feel like an old fogey stogey who would love a free trip (I've been there 5 times).

Have a great, great, great time. It's a fascinating country. Friendly, too.

Mottel said...

Enjoy, learn, grow from it . . . and take lots of pictures.

melanie.feyerherm said...

That's so great! I'm glad it worked out finally! You better be blogging about it and taking lots of photos!

Daniel Saunders said...

I'm also glad that you are finally able to go to Israel. I hope you find it enjoyable and a chance to grow spiritually.

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful - sigh! Enjoy and experience every moment, you hear?

Rachel

Anonymous said...

How wonderful for you! What an exciting experience it will be...to grow spiritually...

Chaviva Gordon-Bennett said...

Eep! Thank you to all! I will take SO MANY PHOTOS ... you'll be blown away. Never fear :)

I'll model myself after Mottel in my travels, heh.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes Powered by Blogger | DSW printable coupons