Apr 10, 2010

I Am Immensely Sorry.

Never in  my life have I felt as violated (save one incident) as I do right now. I preach how awesome Social Media and Web 2.0 is, and I become a victim of it. Just a few weeks ago, a world renowned Judaic Studies scholar was a victim of it. No one is immune, not even those of us who religiously change passwords, keep to the letter of the law.

I am immensely sorry -- to EVERYONE -- who received emails or calls from me over Shabbat. The fact that someone hacked my account on Shabbat should have been a serious note to anyone about how ridiculous it was. I feel so ashamed and embarrassed, and I am so sorry that it happened.

I only hope that you all can forgive me this horrible infraction on my person. I feel really, I honestly do have tears in my eyes about this. I feel so, so, so violated.

12 comments:

Julie said...

I'm so sorry, Chaviva! That is so messed-up. :(

Izgad said...

I first responded by offering my help. Then it hit me that you would have had to have sent this e-mail over Shabbos (maybe you had someone type it and send it for you) and that you would have had to have been mugged on Shabbos and had your Shabbos cash taken.

All the best.

Unknown said...

I`m sorry,
and its not your fault so don't apologies..

can you restore your facebook account ?
(thay try to contact me via the facebook chat)

Mottel said...

for some reason I didn't get the hacked email from you . . .
I'm sorry for all the frustration this must be . . .

elisabeth said...

i'm sorry you feel ashamed about it ... it happens. i'm glad you got control of your accounts again.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. It wasn't your fault. I hope it is all under control now :(

Daniel Saunders said...

I agree with everyone else who says you shouldn't feel guilty about it. It wasn't your fault.

alto artist said...

I am so sorry you're having to go through this ridiculous tsuris!

--aa.

David said...

Not your fault; no apologies necessary.

Jack Steiner said...

No apology needed. Not only did the timing of the note seem fishy, the tone wasn't right. It just didn't sound like you.

Chaviva Gordon-Bennett said...

Thanks guys. Someone should tell my brother it's not my fault ... because he sure put it on me that it was all my fault. Sigh.

Anyway, I think everything's back to normal.

Oh, except Facebook. I can't get them to get back to me on my Profile! AHHH!

Suburban Sweetheart said...

Like everyone else said - NOT YOUR FAULT! Those hackers are SMART, yo. <3

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes Powered by Blogger | DSW printable coupons